Saturday, June 28, 2014

Nail Art: FingerFood's Theme Buffet #25 - Seasons


I don't know about you, but I really feel like I'm lacking in inspiration for my manicures lately. Some days, I'm just perfectly content to wear a solid color and not do nail art. When I do nail art, it tends to be on the simple side.

The theme for this week's Theme Buffet was one that I suggested: Seasons.  I wanted to do something grand and elaborate.... but just didn't have the motivation or inspiration. Instead, I put together this simple but classy number using colors to represent the different seasons




There's really not much to describe in this manicure. It:s really simple and straight forward. Each of my fingers was painted in a different color to represent each season: a minty green for spring, a corally pinkish orange for summer, a light brown for fall and a an icy blue.



I have a ton of nail polishes - particularly cremes - and really took a long time to pick out EXACTLY what shades to use. I really wanted to try for a softer, more muted palette with colors in the same tonal family so that all of the fingers really felt like they belonged to the same manicure.



The cream on my thumb and on the tips actually came in more as an afterthought to pull it together.  See, at first, I painted my thumb with  a cream color, hoping that the neutral color would work with the others. The problem was that it was a little too bright to fit in.



So what I did was simple: bring in stripes in the same colors of the other nails to tie it all together! I used the straights from Nail Vinyls to block out the stripes, then just painted over with the green, coral, brown and blue polishes that were meant to represent each season.



To tie the cream background from the thumb into the other nails, I used the straight Nail Vinyls again to tape off a straight line across the tip of each nail. I painted each tip and voila! this is the result!



The funny thing is that the end result looks sooooooo much like this cardigan that I have that it's kinda amusing. It wasn't even intentional!



Polishes / Items used in this manicure:


There weren't many entries for the Theme Buffet this week. I guess that's the one bad thing about Summer - everyone is off on their vacations and enjoying the beautiful weather! I'm really liking this manicure on Partly Cloudy with a Chance of Lacquer. Sarah did something along the lines of what I wound up doing in the color-inspiration theme. Also really loving this amazing summery beach scene on Glowstars!

Well, until next time!


2 comments:

  1. Love how simple and clean this is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I think your nails look just amazing and I look forward to read your next post :) Love your blog layout as well <3

    Xx Creativenails4fun

    ReplyDelete