Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Nail Art: MoYou London Challenge Day 5 - Shadows (Bird Silhouette)

Today's nail art (which I posted to Instagram yesterday) was actually not really planned before it happened. It started off when I was swatching Wise Up, Janet from Indigo Bananas, a really pretty foil-like lavender glassfleck holo. (didn't edit the photos to post it, yet, but I posted a video swatch on Instagram!).

Sitting on my desk next to Wise Up, Janet was 2% Butterscotch Ripple and Pure Imagination. As they sat together, I thought about how the three together would make a really gorgeous and glittery dusk-like gradient.



In my last post, I mentioned that MoYou London was hosting a theme challenge / contest - do some sort of nail art that fits the theme and uses MoYou London stamping plates, post it to Instagram with the proper tags and you're good to go!



Well, the theme for the day was "Shadows," so I thought, "I should do a manicure with shadows/silhouettes stamped over a sparkly sunset!"



Since I already had the Wise Up, Janet swatch on my fingers, I sponged on a gradient with the other two polishes over it.  My dusk, then starts with the lavender holo-ey foil, transitions into a deeper purple with gold-ish glitter (2% Butterscotch Ripple) and finally into a deeper blue glitter with hints of violet (Pure Imagination). It looks AMAZING in person, even if cleanup was a bitch. Glitter fallout everywhere!




Over this, I took MoYou London plate Mother Nature 07 - one of MoYou London's new plates in the Mother Nature collection - and stamped the pair of birds and tree branches across my nails using Konad's special black polish. I added a few leaves onto my pinky nail as well.



I don't think this turned out as well as my previous MoYou London manicure, but it was still a sparkly, nice idea. Plus it's fun to wear! Indoors, the glitter is a lot more subtle, but out in the sun? Dear god, these things are shiny!


(sorry for the bad photography and really slapdash writing on today's post! I ran out of sunlight and am half falling asleep at the computer after a long day of coding at work!)


Polishes / Items used in this manicure:
  • Lavender holo/foil: Indigo Bananas - Wise Up, Janet!
  • Plum with goldish glitter: Indigo Bananas - 2% Butterscotch Ripple
  • Blue with blue violet glitter: Indigo Bananas - Pure Imagination
  • Black stamping: Konad - Special Black 
  • Stamping Plate: MoYou London - Mother Nature 07
Have you done any manicures for the MoYou London contest?  I'd love to see them, so please feel free to post your links in the comments!

4 comments:

  1. That's such a cute stamping plate! I want some MoYou now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely look into them! Amazing plate designs and they're VERY good quality. Their customer service is great , too!

      Delete
  2. This is so beautiful! Great choice of stamping plate it's so cute! And I also love the colours you chose they're gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww, thanks <3 I love MoYou London's plates SO much <3

      Delete