Monday, January 13, 2014

Swatches and Reviews: China Glaze "Charmed, I'm Sure"

Nails - China Glaze Charmed I'm Sure
Welcome to the first (sorta) swatch and review of the blog. This was originally intended to be a proper swatch and review post, complete with well-shot photos, shots in different lighting and everything.

The problem is that I'm not one of those bloggers who will sit and try on a nail polish just to shoot swatches, then take it off right away and do another set.  I want to actually DO something with my nails.

My intention was to put on the polish - in this case, "Charmed, I'm Sure" by China Glaze - take photos of the plain, unadorned nails, THEN do the nail art.

Guess what I forgot to do.

So, I present to you China Glaze "Charmed, I'm Sure" with bonus nail art! I promise better pre-art pictures in the future!





Brand: China Glaze
Name: Charmed, I'm Sure
Vintage: Fall 2013
Collection: Autumn Nights
Limited Edition: Yes
Size: 14ml/.5 fl oz
Dupes: unknown


Credit: Fledgling Nails
"Charmed, I'm Sure" is a dusky, dark purple creme from China Glaze's 2013 Autumn Nights collection. Charmed, I'm Sure is one of only two cremes in the Autumn Nights collection, the other being Queen B. Both are beautiful, rich autumnal purples, Charmed, I'm Sure being a dusty eggplant, and Queen B a royal blue-purple (or blurple, if you really must call it that).

While some dark purples have a tendency to look black in certain lights, this appeared purple.... most of the time. Occasionally it'll come across as a dusty, faded black. The only time I saw it show as straight black was in my bedroom - where the lighting is so horrible that it throws the coloring off on most everything and makes applying makeup in non-daylight hours an adventure. In most of the photos, the color is showing MUCH darker than in person


Like most of China Glaze polishes, the formula was pretty good. It went on silky smooth and self-leveled beautifully, drying with a lovely shine - even without top coat. All of the photos feature two coats of the polish, but it was close to a one-coater. You could probably get away with a single slightly thicker coat if you really wanted, but I would say to go for two simply for evenness.

I actually DID do stamping with this polish. The purple stars visible on my ring finger, while a bit smudged, are done with Charmed I'm Sure over a base of China Glaze Gossip Over Gimlets. The ring finger on my opposite hand actually turned out much darker and much clearer than this one did. The silvery stars are done with Gossip Over Gimlets and turned out amazingly clear.

As shown, I wore Butter London Nail Foundation basecoat, two coats of  Charmed I'm Sure, stamping and accent nail in China Glaze Gossip Over Gimlets, then Butter London Hardwear topcoat. I just wore this polish for the past 3 days with no chips and only very minimal tip wear. I even subjected them to the dreaded "Amanda tackles a sink of greasy dishes" test and they held up well. I could have probably worn it without problem for a few more, but I felt like changing them up. Added bonus: no staining!



Bonus Photos

I managed to take these photos with my iPhone before I began the stamping progress. I've tried to clean them up the best that I can, but I can only do so much


This photo, taken with my phone's flash on and thus washing out my skin, is probably truest to color.  No topcoat. You can really see how the light reflects off of "Gossip Over Gimlets" 



Getting ready to stamp! I used plate Pueen44 from the Pueen Love Elements set



 Yeah, I smudged the ring finger a bit, but it worked! And yes, I have a Japanese computer

No comments:

Post a Comment