Wednesday, February 12, 2014

NOTD - Foil-Wrapped Chocolate

Well, it's been a long week. If you're not aware, the Northeastern US was slammed by ice storms this  past week. The area where I live was particularly bad. There were downed trees and powerlines everywhere.  Between spotty power and being sick, I never did get to put up these photos last week!

So here you go, a simple manicure that wasn't even planned. The results remind me of foil-wrapped chocolates, perfect for this Valentine's Day holiday.



This was a bit of an impromptu manicure. After I got my February Julep Maven box, I started swatching Rooney, a lovely deep brown that reminded me a bit of dark chocolate. I was curious to see how the polish would work with Love - a champagne colored foil/glitter flecked with pink - and Diamond Theory - a gorgeous copper glitter.


I really like the results. They looked like rich, dark and decadent chocolates that have been wrapped in foil, hence the mani name. The copper compliments the deep brown so well. 

There's not much technique that went into this nail art - just a few dots of glitter on a solid creme - so I don't have much else to say. I have to say it is nice, sometimes, to put together a quick, no nonsense manicure that takes barely any time.



And, as usual, here are the polishes I used in this manicure:

Not bad for an unplanned, spur of the moment manicure. Have you ever had a swatching session turn into impromptu nail art? The swatches should be coming soon, but enjoy the art in the meantime!



No comments:

Post a Comment